POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : feature/plugin request : Re: feature/plugin request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature/plugin request
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 10 Feb 1999 19:46:50
Message: <36C22825.FF22CE74@mninter.net>
Actually, I PREFER using 3Dwin, because it automatically smooths the
output, and places it in Moray UDO/INC form, which is native to POV-Ray.
The major failing point of this program is that it doesn't read VRML, which
is the output from my favorite little program, STOMP 3D. The workaround for
that is that I just use Crossroads, which works just fine.

Psychomek wrote:

> how about a plugin that will actually read :
>
> *.raw, *.3ds, *.prj, *.asc, *.iob, *.obj, *.lwo, *.lws, *.dxf, *.pob,
>

> *.pov,

If you get ANY kind of conversion of POV-Ray, you will have people trading
the holy grail and their favorite grandmother for it.

--
Only I can prevent narcissism!